Monday, May 23, 2005

What I want

Well it's not often I get myself sitting down, contemplating what it is I really want. But I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want.

(Let me pause here, as I have to find a song on Itunes that'll help me here as I write)

So, what is it that I want. I want to be understood. Let's focus here even more- what I want in a guy.

I want to be understood. I don't feel that there are many people who really do understand me. I think a lot of people- especially guys- find my personality very hard to crack exactly. I don't get worked up over school work, and I really never get stressed out. I find no point to it; if I need to get work done, I will get it done on time, and get it done well. Stress never helps me. However, this laid-back, go with the flow attitude is often perceived as laziness, and I get the distinct feeling that there is many a person at AU that thinks I don't work very hard. This isn't the case, it's just that most people never see me working, or don't know when I actually am working.

That's the thing; I think that in my "take life one day at a time" persona, people cannot handle me. How many people rush through this life, always worrying about school work or whatever it is they have to do?

That's not how I'm going to live my life. While I am completely aware what I need to do, and what needs to get done, I'm not going to kill myself over it all. The fact of the matter is that our lives are too short and too precious to constantly worry about class or what other people think of me.

That's another thing. The fact that I am so comfortable with myself; that I have no problem going out to a party in my polo and jeans while most girls are dressed to the nines; that I can talk to pretty much anyone; all this is often perceived as cockiness. But I'm not cocky. I'm just content with myself. Most people say it's confidence, ok sure, but to me confidence may be too much in my situation. I've heard that being so comfortable with oneself can make others intimidated. Whatever that means.

I'm not going to change. I know there's a time and a place to be dressed up. I don't find a frat party to be that time. I'm not gonna wear a minimal amount of clothing to try and attra

No comments: