Monday, November 01, 2010

There's no way anyone ever plans life like this. "Hey, I want to go to law school, pass the Florida Bar on the first try (because hey, it's one of the country's hardest bars and I like showing people how smart I am all the time), and then move back in with my parents a couple of months shy of my 26th birthday because I can't afford rent!"

At least, I hope no one plans it like that. I didn't. I worked entirely too hard to end up where I am. And yet, I am here anyway.

Life has plans for us all. So I find it's better not to plan. And I have to do my best today. That's all I can do.

I forget that, though. Maybe it's because lately, it's a constant string of little things that add up to add to that frustration I live with everyday -- you know, the one where I don't have a job, and can't seem to find one besides my "outstanding qualifications" (which I think was a lie. I think, shockingly, a lawyer lied to me (I am allowed to talk bad about my own kind)).

There seems to be a general theme of negativity, and for this I apologize. Things aren't all bad, I promise.

Halloween weekend turned out to be awesome. I have to say, I love Miami now that I'm not in law school. I've pushed myself outside my comfort zones.

On a whim I attended a halloween party Saturday night. Since my closest friends moved away (funny, since I'm the transplant, not them), I've been hanging with the people I met through them, and was invited out, so I figured, meh, why not? Donning a "Risky Business" costume (read: button down white polo, boy shorts, socks, and nothing else) I headed out to see where the night would take me. It was a blast, and I have to remind myself in the future to just get out.

I leave for DC on Thursday night. I'll follow up soon.

No comments: