DC is where my heart is.
I'm currently blogging as i fly back to Miami after spending the weekend in DC. After a day of networking with more attorneys Friday, I got to enjoy the rest of the weekend with some of my closest friends and some new friends.
All in all, the trip was, as usual, an absolute blast. And, as should come as no surprise, has me yearning to return to the city I decided i needed to leave three years ago.
In spite of this, I feel deep down that it's time to return.
Don't be confused. Moving to Miami is what I needed in 2007. Seemingly at a turning point in my life, I embraced Miami as a place that i would fond myself more. And indeed I did. Miami has been nothing but good for me, and law school undoubtedly helped with this endeavor. I'm a more confident, happier individual as a result of the past three years, and (as hard as it is to remember given my current situation in life) I know i am destine for good things.
But it seems to be the case that DC is where I need to be. Where I want to be.
Flying back to Miami is saddening this moment. As much as I enjoy the way my life has progressed in Miami in the months since I graduated, instilling in me a new found contentment with how I spend my time (when not bogged down in job hunting), I think my dad was correct when he once told me I was happier when I was in DC.
Where do we go from here, then? Well, considering we are entering the second weekend of November, it's safe to say that the coming of the holiday season will take its effect on the amount of potential attorney positions that open up, that effect being negative. Essentially I anticipate any hunt slowing down until 2011 graces itself with it's presence. In spite of this, I intend to keep my search alive, and think it may be tine to look into a recruiter/headhunter type to assist me in my search in DC. Add to this the fact that I can always swallow my pride and take a job as a contract attorney, reviewing documents but nevertheless working full-time, allowing me to support myself in DC.
This all involves a sit down with the parents. It's been three and a half months now of the same thing, day in and day out, with no positive results. And I'm constantly advised that I should mentally prepare myself for the harsh reality that this could be the state of my existence for at least another 8 months. Not exactly an idea one wants to prepare for, nor am I sure there's an actual way to truly prepare oneself for that.
But it's time to make things happen, to make my own luck. And let's hope the days ahead allow for this.
As for the District, to you I thank you for a time out from reality; for a chance for me to make some sense of the emotions that never cease their bombardment upon me. You shall see me again, come New Years, if not earlier.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment