Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Another typical Tuesday in the office.

Currently in between researching and job hunting. Either way, it's a lot of time spent on the internet searching.

Also an incredibly rainy day in Miami. Staring out the window I don't have much sight, but it makes being in the office a little more bearable, especially since Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend '10 were washouts.

This job hunting and practicing law has made me realize something: I might be a little too humble for my own good. A year and a half spent at one of the country's top law firms is nothing to be ashamed about. That, coupled with the responsibility I was given as a clerk should be impressive on paper. As a result, in cover letters, emails, resumes, etc., I'm trying to show that, while not cocky, I am confident in my abilities as an attorney, and I have some experience to back such a statement up.

This entire job hunt is incredibly frustrating, however. I have yet to hear back from anyone I've sent my resume to, and I just continue to search, apply, tweak, write, whatever needs to be done to get myself out there more.

On a fun note, I'm starting to get better at "thinking outside the box" as far as searching for jobs is concerned. You'd be amazed what actually exists out there regarding employment. When all of this is said and done, I'll be interested to report back on how much of it is actually crap.

Not much else exciting going on. Slow day in the office, but a three-day work week for me. Working for attorneys is always a surprise - there's a good chance I get hit with assignments in the next couple of hours.

Oh, great site: www.tastespotting.com -- and I hope to one day possess kitchen, and time, and money, to actually re-create some of the dishes on that website.

Happy drooling...

No comments: