The end of an era is coming to a close.
My room is pretty much packed up. I've been packing for like four hours now, and I finally got things really and truly packed. So weird to see things being thrown out and packed up, not to be seen until I move to Miami in August. I've done a pretty good job packing, though I got box happy and now have more boxes than I need. I don't even know if I am going to need any....
Last night at Tommy Joe's tonight. And by tonight, I really mean starting 3 hours from now, since happy hour begins at 5. This was my place since December, and I'm going to miss the people there terribly. It should be a good night, however, with Erin coming with me at 5, Woo in there, Ace coming after work, and I'm hoping Kim and company. Just sad that when I find myself a niche around here, it's time to move on....
So I got 3 bags and 1 box so far. Not too bad. Still some more to go, and the guys are coming tomorrow to get rid of my furniture. It'll be much easier to finish packing when I have more room to do so...I wonder what time they are coming, I need to have everything cleared off...
So yah. I begin my job in New York City on Monday. My first 5-day, 9-5 job. And I'm commuting. Woot. I'll get a taste of the real world for about a month, because in July I'll only be working Monday-Wednesday, and probably wetting myself to move to Miami. But it'll be good experience and look fab on the resume.
I've been having interesting dreams lately. One I can recall from last night seemed rather long. It involved a certain someone and his roommate. We were hanging in their place, just watching TV and stuff, but nothing was really happening--pretty much like our relationship was before everythign went down. After a while it changed to us being on a cruise ship, and drinking and hanging out together. Once again, nothing happened, and the dream moved on to other things, but it was interesting nonetheless. I'm a firm believer that all of my dreams have meaning, yet this one doesn't seem to do much for me yet...
So weird to look around my room and see it so empty. Even sadder tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment