Sunday, June 03, 2007

NYC, here I come!

The big job begins tomorrow. This is my first big job. Ok, I'm still an intern, but I am excited to see what I'll be doing this summer. Well, for the next two months. Now I'm sitting here, worried about what exactly I should wear tomorrow, as it is the first day, and first impressions mean a lot. The first day is always the most stressful for me.

I don't have to be in til 10 tomorrow, but I have to take the 8AM train to be there on time. Sweet. Which means a 6:30am wake up call. And then work til 5, then catching the 6pm train out of the city, which gets me in around 7. Sweet. I know that I am going to be absolutely pooped tomorrow night. Still hoping to get in the routine of going to work and then getting a good work out in before I head home. Just need to get the routine going right away and keeping it up- I'll be in Miami in no time, and if I thought the people up north were skinny....ahh craziness.

Nevertheless, the next 2 months hold invaluable experiences. June should actually be pretty cool--I'm heading to Miami in a couple of weeks to head to FIU for a fall 2007 entering class reception. I'm hoping to meet some people up front, perhaps even find a roommate for the year, which would be amazingggg to have a fellow student to live with. Then Allie and I will fly back home together, and she'll be home for a couple of days, which will be nice. Then-the most fun- we've been invited to the opening party of the Ripley's Believe it or Not in Times Square down in New York City! There's a band called Mini Kiss playing--it's little people dressed up as Kiss--this will be way too cool. The funny thing (and very cool in my head) to me is that the CEO of the company I'm working at, Mr. Rubenstein, has been invited also, so I was joking that I get to walk in with him, which is TOTALLY cool in my head, as he is a big time guy in the PR world. Ok I'm done being super excited.

I'm sitting here, watching the Yankees play the Red Sox. We're 13.5 games behind them, gah, and the Yankees are killing me slowly this summer. It's gonna take ALOT for them to catch up. Really rather sad to see us playing so bad lately. THIRTEEN AND A HALF GAMES. Sickening.

Anyway, I better go get stuff ready for tomorrow and pick up my room. Being home has its perks- no rent, free food, etc. The problem with it is that my mom seems to forget that I am 22 and have been taking care of myself, and is constantly on me about something. Tonight it was making sure I had everything I need for work tomorrow. I think she forgets that I am the queen of lists and thinking ahead....it will get old soon, but its fun being home. I haven't been home for this long a time in a loong time...

Oh, Entourage tonight, Yay! Hopefully I'll get on tomorrow to talk about my first day of work...wish me luck!

No comments: