Time flies when you're not blogging.
I am officially an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida. That's right - I passed the Florida bar examination, and was sworn in a couple of weeks ago.
I was asked, jokingly, if upon being sworn in I was just handed $100,000.00 to begin my new life as an attorney. I answered with a laugh, a smile, and a "I wish."
I guess I just thought life would have played out differently than it has. That I would graduate from law school with a great position at a firm waiting for me to just pass the bar, and then I would pass the bar and triumphantly transition into an associate attorney position, able to pay off my school loans and other debt and begin my career as a successful attorney.
And by that, it turned out to be me moving into a house with my parents in a (very nice) area of Miami, spending a couple hours a day researching associate positions, tweaking cover letters and resumes, trying to network, and wondering if I will get enough hours from my boss/attorney to pay my bills for another month.
And of course, the icing on top of the cake, requesting deferrals from the three different lenders because I have NO money.
What it boils down to, then, is feelings of inadequacy and being lost and not really knowing what I should do with my life at this point. Which, I'm told, at the tender age of 25, are thoughts that shouldn't scare me but that I should embrace to "find my destiny," but remaining in a positive state of mind is ultimately mind-numbing and rather tiring.
I don't mean to be depressing or negative, and I know I am very fortunate to have my parents to support me, but, man, it gets frustrating.
Tomorrow is Monday. I'll continue to fight the good fight. And hopefully throw some funny stories in here soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment