Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tuesday Night in the Library

The third floor of the FIU Law School library has, aptly named, a huge room called the Grand Reading Room. I have pretty much taken up residence in here. It's the quintessential law library room- it has like 100 feet ceilings with the big wooden desks with chairs with arm-rests and lamps on every desk. I love this room, it makes me feel very academic, and the cold of the AC at night keeps me awake.

I've been in the library for about 3.5 hours now, less than usual (usually by now its 6 hours), but I was quite productive in that time. Always a good feeling.

Yes for the baseball season being back! I love MLB.tv, as I can watch the Yankees on my computer anytime!

Not too much else going on. Busy, busy week however. I think my speech went well today- it was very me, just natural and to the point. Hopefully it will end in a big W come Thursday....

So on tap for the rest of the night? Reviewing my outlines as they stand so far, a little housekeeping, and, as always, figuring out what tomorrow holds.

As for the whole being ignored thing: I may need a guy to weigh in on this one. I just really don't get it.

It's also amazing how things get misconstrued. I guess I'm not as straight forward as I thought I was. I think that the initial shock of Miami really threw me off and I wasn't myself AT ALL and I didn't like the person I was. I think that's why I'm so content just being in the library studying alone. I'm actually the happiest I've been in a while, doing my own thing, in and out as I please, just being the normal Kirsten.

On that note, I think it's time to vacate the library for my apartment....

No comments: